Thursday, January 20, 2005

Tennis Frenzy

I am totally ecstatic, ridiculously fan-girl giddy, over the tennis at the moment. I seriously think it's the highlight of my otherwise prosaic year. Unfortunately, due to full-time work this year, I was unable to take any time off to assist at the Sydney International (I refuse to use the title "medibank international"! So lame). But I did get lovely calls from the staff there throughout the week, just to update me on the scores, the gossip behind the scenes and of course, Moya (affectionately known as tag dag). ;)

"Moya Moya, He's my Boya". That's a sign that a devoted fan designs for Carlos every friggin year since like 1999. She's genuinely very sweet, if not a tad obsessed. One year (maybe 2002?), I had to ask him to autograph this book she had made, a comprehensive collage of news articles, interviews, promo pics. He looked slightly perturbed but joked about it. He's so cool, if I were like a tad bit older and less deathly-afraid of taking flights, I would totally become his tennis ho! ;) So very lamentable that he bowed out in the first round of the Open.

I leave for Melbourne tomorrow night with Pat and Clyne as travelling companions. Oh my gawd, Pat has a deafening snore and Clyne hogs the bathroom incessantly. He has more beauty products than I do. *sigh* How wil I survive?!?

Tips for the Aus Open: Federer (he's one of my favourites, almost rivalling Edberg as my favourite ever player. I mean, Lendl was great in his time but he was such an arsehole.) and Serena (The Williams sisters are great).

[In other news, how screwed up are the ALP. They're not my Party of choice but still, I'd like to see a credible Opposition. It's time to move Left and get behind Gillard. My optimism shining through once again)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home