Saturday, August 06, 2005

Birthdays Galore

Last night, GCF met for Clyn'es 24th birthday dinner. It started with drinks in the city and moved towards Burwood (as so many of us needed to park our cars somewhere safe! :p). I wanted to go to my favourite Italian restaurant, Acabonara, but alas, our group was too big. We eventually ended up at Cafe D'Or and the food was pretty nice and plentiful, I love lebanese! However, we were divided on to two tables so I didn't get to catch up with everyone. I love you guys!

A lot of the conversations were primarily based that latest updates on uni, love lives, work, housemates, etc... AND Irene and Andy turned up with wedding invites. We worked ourselves up into a frenzy with excitement over the first bona fide GCF wedding (and shopping for pretty dresses!!!). The boys, rather predictably, starting whinging that it was Grand Final weekend. lol Pfft..who cares?! And Karen whinged about missing it altogether because her 3 month travelling adventure starts next month and unfortunately, she's going to miss the Hen's weekend too. Poor Kazza. We'll take lots of photos for you. Dinner was a loud, fun, crazy, boisterous affair (poor cafe staff) and we ended the night on gelato.

This is the month for birthdays: dad, Clyne, Ko, Zulf, Cindy's and some more (but those are the ones I remember off by heart without having to consult my birthday spreadsheet).

In other news, I started my new department at work and am loving it. :D The work is challenging though not stressful (as the deadlines are not as tight) and my new (though old) colleagues are the best. It doesn't feel like a "corporate environment" as such because the people are young, have active social lives and wear jeans a lot! North Sydney is also a pretty cool location; enough shops for me to browse around when I am bored.

Currently reading: Life of Pi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home